:: The Catacombs :: The Inside Scoop
:: The Catacombs :: FAQS
|© 2010 -Merge: a Living Faith Christian Community. All rights reserved.
The Cat-a-combs n. 1. The
underground cemeteries of
Rome, used as a refuge by
the early Christians. 2. a safe
and fun hang-out for junior and
senior high youth. 3. a cool
outreach ministry tentatively
launching 2010-11 school
- Catacombs is a developing Christian teen night club ministry for junior and senior high
youth in the Spencerville, Delphos, St. Marys and greater Lima area.
- Catacombs has a Facebook Community in the works to enable teens and adults
involved in the ministry to have an online hang-out. Check it out!
- Catacombs will be a community-wide ministry open to teens from the entire community
regardless of whether they attend any area church or not. The intention of Catacombs
is to provide teens in our community with a safe and fun hang-out undergirded by a
non-threatening, Christian atmosphere.
- The Catacombs Planning Team is an ecumenical group composed of persons from
various church backgrounds.
- Catacombs is a community-wide ministry, but is sponsored by Merge: a Living Faith
Christian Community, a new church plant, led by Rev. Ron Shifley, and affiliated with
the Evangelical Association of Reformed and Congregational Christian Churches, a
national, post-denominational fellowship of churches.
- The Catacombs Planning Team is currently raising funds to make a down payment on
the proposed facility by mid-May to initiate a land contract agreement with the building's
owner. Download a copy of our Catacombs fund-raising brochure. Persons wishing
to contribute to this fund raising campaign can send checks payable to "Catacombs" to
Rev. Ron Shifley at 304 South Pearl Street, Spencerville, OH 45887.